You Are Viewing
July 26, 2013
We are calling on our brothers and sisters from all over Florida and the nation to join us. We are calling on civil rights leaders, cultural influencers, and entertainment icons to help us transform a tragedy into a moment of unity and action. Together we can ensure that the systemic inequalities that underscored the tragedy that spring night in Sanford are not repeated.
Friday, July 26, will mark eleven days since the Dream Defenders began their “Dream-In” inside the Florida Capitol to pressure Gov. Rick Scott to call a special session for “Trayvon’s Law,” proposed legislation that addresses the crisis in Florida’s disenfranchised communities.
A passed Trayvon’s Law would
• Fully repeal Stand Your Ground Law
• Require law enforcement agencies to develop written policies defining and prohibiting racial profiling.
• Mandate law enforcement training on racial profiling.
• Repeal zero-tolerance policies in schools.
• Promote restorative justice programs for youth.
Friday, July 26th we are calling on a mass mobilization of supporters to demand Gov. Scott do right by our communities, our children and call a special session for Trayvon. This is our opportunity stand up and demand concrete #JusticeForTrayvon